Back to: » Home
If you or your relatives are suffering from an illness or recuperating after some serious injuries there is hardly any place more comfortable and wholesome to stay at than your own home. In such cases home health agency is the best choice as it allows you stay close to the people you love and enjoy familiar surroundings. Such services are also extremely helpful for seniors who are not capable of living alone or need some special treatment.
Home Health Agencies provide their clients with professional nursing care and many other health care services that are rendered at patient's homes. In addition, some health care providers offer other services that might be required such as help with daily activities including grocery shopping or meal preparation.
If you want to hire a Home Health Agent rather than take treatments at an institution, there are many options you can choose from. There are numerous Home Health Agencies that provide both skilled and unskilled care. First type of services includes dressing, cooking, bathing, housekeeping, in other words, all services that don't require any special skills. They can be rendered according to the stipulated schedule or twenty-four hours a day. Such services are in great demand among elderly people who want to maintain independence and avoid removing.
Skilled personal care provided by Home Health Agencies includes nursing care, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech pathology therapy, as well as medical social services. The services are performed by trained aides under the simultaneous supervision of a therapist. They are rendered on a sporadic basis and are intended for homebound patients only. This kind of services allows patients to avoid undesirable hospitalizations and stay at home while recovering.
- Nursing Care Services
- Physical Therapy Services
- Occupational Therapy Services
- Speech Pathology Services
- Medical Social Services
- Home Health Aide Services
*(Select Medicare-certified service that a home health agency provides)
- Home health agencies with the best percentage of patients...
- ...who get better at walking or moving around
- ...who get better at getting in and out of bed
- ...whose bladder control improves
- ...who have less pain when moving around
- ...who get better at bathing
- ...who get better at taking their medicines correctly (by mouth)
- ...who are short of breath less often
- ...who had to be admitted to the hospital
- ...who need urgent, unplanned medical care
- ...who stay at home after an episode of home health care ends
- ...who need unplanned medical care related to a wound that is new, is worse, or has become infected
- ...whose wounds improved or healed after an operation
*(Select measure to view corresponding percentage values for a home health agencies)
Back to: » Home